Sunday, April 27, 2014

Changes.

Hey there readers!

So as you can see, I finally finished my first project as shown in my previous post! For those of you that can't read Spanish let me fill you in a little on what's been going on. The idea of my first project was to take 12 squares and form a representation of myself. In the past, I have struggled with making my art come alive and reflect emotion. My goal by incorporating myself, was to see how much my art could develop with myself coming alive through it. It has definitely been different for me trying to explore beyond what I am used to but I've become amazed with what I am capable of. I don't even know how much I can do with this! I am very excited to be able to start looking at my pieces and be able to think "wait I actually created this?" It's such an amazing feeling to know you accomplished something or in my case drew something beyond what you thought was even possible.

Going into my second project, my goal was to start incorporating color which is actually really scary for me. Let me be honest though...that hasn't happened. I have a very hard time with finishing the sketching of pieces and deciding that if I added color I could potentially ruin it. I have had the idea in my head for my second piece for quite a while as it is similar to a tattoo design I saw. When I began drawing it, I decided that instead of being realistic, why not incorporate something I love (music) into it? So I did.
 It's different for me, because I'm not used to any of my drawings not being realistic, but I think its neat to be able to look at an idea I've had and be able to feel something just by looking at the picture. Almost like music coming out of nature or in my opinion, art and music speak words that cannot be spoken and this combines them both. Art reflecting the music in the world we don't always see. Such as maybe the music of the wind or the silence in the middle of the woods. The simple sounds we take for granted.

As I continue forward in my art exploration, I actually do hope to start combining different medias. I plan to use colored pencils, paints, pastels, water color pencils, etc.. There's so much to do with art that I feel there never really is an end. Even when I look at the two pieces I have already done. As much as I love the art I have created, I still don't feel like they are complete. It's just an ongoing process that has been set to rest for the time being.

5 comments:

  1. Este obra de arte es increible. Yo se que no sabias pero el diente de leon es uno de mis simbolos favoritos de la vida. Estoy tan orgullosa de ti, mija. Estas creciendo mas y mas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how you added the music into it! it really made it personal and totally you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encantan sus dibujos! Necesitas venderlos!

    ReplyDelete