Friday, April 11, 2014

The Beginning of Something Great

Hey there readers!

I realized in my first post I did not mention why it is in Spanish and in English. This blog will be a bilingual blog due to the fact that I am working on this project in my Spanish and my English class at this time. While the main focus of this project is to advance in my art skills, I also hope that I will be able to immerse myself in the Spanish language and become more fluent as English is my primary language. For any of you who do read both portions, I apologize, due to the fact that there will probably be some bad grammar in the Spanish portion. So bear with me as I improve!

I am now in my second week of working on this project. I decided to start my project by focusing on how to use different types of pencils such as ones with soft leads such as 9B, 8B, 7B, 6B, 5B, and 4B as well as tendre leads such as 3B, 2B, B, HB, F, and H. The higher the number goes, the darker the shade. I typically like to start with B, HB, or H when first sketching the outline and then experiment from there. I am not finished with my first drawing yet, although I intend to be either by the end of tonight, or by the end of this weekend and hope to have a picture up on here! After this drawing, I intend to move on to a still life image.

I have really enjoyed working on this project. It is even more enjoyable than i expected it to be, and I expected it to be pretty great. This is such a huge passion of mine and being given the time to draw has been incredible. So far so good, hopefully my progress continues to stay the same!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh...So that's why.
    I never knew there were 9B pencils; I guess I've never tried looking for those since I never use that type! This sounds really interesting, and I would like to follow you on your journey and exploration into the art world.

    Yayy for you!

    ReplyDelete